Sadly, I won’t be joining my comrades in the American Kantorei this year in performing the Bach at the Sem series of concerts. I’ve been performing with them on and off for the last thirteen years, and for the last three years in a row, but the rehearsal and performance schedule just didn’t line up with what I could commit to.
I am disappointed to be missing out, but I wish them all the best and hope that this year (the first with a new Director after a long search) will be fruitful and produce more of the finest of music.
The concert series for this year starts next month (and rehearsal is already next week) for the 11th year I’ll be participating in Bach at the Sem as a vocalist.
I’m really looking forward to this year’s series and if you are in the St. Louis area, you are welcome to attend. No tickets are issued and admission is free. All concerts are at 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 28; Guest Conductor Dr. Martin Dicke
- BWV 70, “Wachet! betet! betet! wachet!” – J.S. Bach
- BWV 80, “Ein’ feste Burg” – J.S. Bach
- motet “Herr, auf dich traue ich” – Heinrich Schütz
Sunday, December 2; Guest Conductor Dr. Andrew Megill
Sunday, March 24; Guest Conductor Dr. Jeffrey Wilson
- BWV 22, “Jesu nahm zu sich die Zwölfe” – J.S. Bach
- BWV 182, “Himmelskönig sei willkommen” – J.S. Bach
- choruses from BWV 143, “Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele” – J.S. Bach
- “Worthy Is the Lamb” (from Messiah) – G.F. Handel
Sunday, April 28; Guest Conductor Dr. Scott M. Hyslop
- BWV 69, “Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele” – J.S. Bach
- BWV 190a, “Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied” – J.S. Bach
- choruses from BWV 120, “Gott man lobet dich in ser Stille zu Zion” – J.S. Bach
- choruses from BWV 143, “Lobe den Herrn meine Seele” – J.S. Bach
All concerts are held at the Chapel of St. Timothy and St. Titus on the campus of Concordia Seminary St. Louis. If you decide to come, please let me know, or if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.