It happened a few times so I figured I would keep track. :)
- During the Brad Pitt-narrated video montage intro.
- When they announced the families of the shooting who were there for the game and the presentation of the lineup card. (I think this was everybody crying.)
- During the singing of the national anthem. (This was more out of sorrow for how it was sung.)
- During the Chevy commercial about bringing babies home.
- During the Pepsi Max “Field of Dreams” styled commercial.
- When Joe Buck introduced Tim McCarver. (Just kidding. This was me crying.)
- When Heath Bell handed the kid by the dugout a backpack with a signed baseball – “I can’t sign during the game but I can sign before.”
- When the camera panned across the people in the stands with the Stand Up to Cancer signs. (She thought it was about Stan Musial – you know, “Stand for Stan.”)
- When Rollie Fingers gave his mustache to the Pepsi Max delivery guy in that commercial.
She was scared enough that she would cry if the NL blew the game in the ninth inning that she gave up and went to sleep.
I love my wife and I love that my wife loves baseball.
One comment on “Times My Wife Cried During the 2011 MLB All-Star Game”
Obligatory: “Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There’s no crying! THERE’S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!” =D
Comments are closed.