This week, I finally completed moving my wife’s blog over to WordPress.com with mine.
For those who hit my Twitter stream on the WordPress.com RSSCloud stuff from earlier today, here are some collected links with more information:
- The announcement post on WordPress.com
- Dave Winer’s post on the emergence of the tag in WordPress.com feeds
- ReadWriteWeb’s article on the feature addition
- TechCrunch’s article on the feature addition
- Robert Scoble’s mention of the feature addition
- Joseph Scott’s article about the feature, with some examples
- The Plugin Directory page for the plugin that adds the functionality to WordPress.org blogs
- Dave Winer’s site on what RSSCloud is and how it (basically) functions
- Dave Winer’s page on the River2 RSS feedreader, which is able to leverage RSSCloud
That’s all I’ve got in my browser tabs right now; if you see something else, feel free to leave it in a comment and I’ll add it to the list.
This is awesome.
And according to Zé Fontainhas, the blogs are also being populated with content specific to those locales and/or languages.
A neat idea, and one that will hopefully continue to drive WordPress adoption in the non-English-speaking world.