As I type this, I have just closed Slack on my main workstation, and I don’t plan on opening it up very often (if at all) for the next three months.
I previously mentioned the benefit at Automattic of the sabbatical every five years of employment, and I’m taking mine starting this weekend. I hope to be blogging a bit about what I’m doing with the time I’m gifted and other things while I am out.
I do have some rough goals for the time I’m out. I’d like to:
- Take the family on a road trip at some point during the summer.
- Get in an hour of guitar practice at least three days a week, to focus on just basic learning.
- Up my CrossFit activity from the current 3 times a week to five times a week.
- Get another one of my eternally half-baked plugins out there for others to start using.
- Raise some money for Extra Life prior to my 24-hour marathon for the year, hopefully a good chunk of it. This means more streaming on Twitch!
If I get in even half of that, I’ll feel like I’ve done a good job. I want to use the time to spend it with my family and do more things with my children while they are out of school, but I also want to take the time to level up some skills and improve myself while I’m not in the daily routine.
It’s going to fun! If you want to follow along, following this blog is a pretty good way to do that, or following me on Twitter.