Planning to work towards earning the title “Savior” in Destiny 2? Here’s your guide to the triumphs necessary to claim the Seal and equip the title before it expires at the end of the Season of Dawn.
14 total Triumphs are necessary to complete the Seal. I’ve reordered them slightly below to group them by theme/location.
Obtaining the Triumphs
The Season of Dawn Collections Badge
You’ll need the following to complete this one:
- The Global Resonance triumph, which is also included in this Seal. It drops the Timeswept Shell Ghost shell.
- The Crucible Quests “Stronger Together” and “Fire Breather.”
- The Gambit Quests “Tear It Up” and “Spitting Distance.”
- The Vanguard Quests “Duty Driven” and “Shoot Fast, Tread Lightly.”
- Collecting a full set of the seasonal armor. You receive this automatically if you have the premium track on the Season Pass.
- Obtaining all three seasonal exotic weapons: Symmetry, Devil’s Ruin, and Bastion.
- Acquiring one of each weapon available as a reward from the Sundial activity.
The most time-consuming bits of this will be the seasonal ritual quests, which require engaging with all three major playlist activities, and in half of them, using specific weapons to earn the ritual weapons for the season.
As long as you are engaging with the seasonal exotic quests as they appear during the season, you should receive the rest of this more or less naturally. You’ll need to make sure you pull at least one of each weapon from the Sundial activity.
EDZ Resonance: Increase the Resonance Rank of the EDZ Obelisk to 10.
Tangled Shore Resonance: Increase the Resonance Rank of the Tangled Shore Obelisk to 10.
Mars Resonance: Increase the Resonance Rank of the Mars Obelisk to 10.
Nessus Resonance: Increase the Resonance Rank of the Nessus Obelisk to 10.
Global Resonance: Increase the total Resonance Rank of all Obelisks to 40.
These will require engaging with the seasonal activity nodes on each of the four selected planets. To increase the Resonance Rank of the Obelisks, you’ll need to run weekly bounties that can be found at each Obelisk, or receive drops from running playlist activities, the Sundial, or the Menagerie.
The Tangled Shore and Mars Obelisks are available in the game now. EDZ and Nessus receive their Obelisks on 17 December.
Race Through Time: Complete the Sundial within a set amount of time. (Checkbox indicates this is for Niruul specifically.)
Inotam’s Ruin: Defeat Inotam, Oblivion’s Triune, within the Sundial.
Flayer Slayer: Defeat each of the Psion Flayers found within the Sundial (3).
I received the time trial triumph after my first run of the Sundial, so I have no idea how quickly you need to complete the activity. It’s possible this just requires not failing at any given section of the activity. If you are cycling it often enough, these should happen for you automatically.
Over time, Flayers are being added to the Sundial. It’s not obvious at this point whether they are being added to a rotation, or replacing each other. To be safe, I’d recommend running the Sundial as soon as you can when one is added, to ensure you receive the completions.
Ozletc is being added on 17 December, and Tazaroc on 24 December. Inotam is being added on 4 February.
Legendary Psion: Defeat Inotam, Oblivion’s Triune, on Legend difficulty or higher.
Legend Sundial is not available until 7 January, and Inotam is not being added until 4 February. It’s somewhat likely that running Sundial on Legend will require a pre-made fireteam, meaning this may not be possible to do solo.
Undefeatable: Complete a run of the Sundial without dying.
The hardest part of doing this at the time of this post is surviving the “cages” Niruul places on you during the boss fight. They require other players to shoot them to prevent you from dying. This would be significantly easier with a pre-made fireteam.
Saintly Savior: Save Saint-14 from the Infinite Forest.
The seasonal schedule indicates this will likely be completable starting on 17 December. This is a story progression quest found within Season 9.
Link Repair: Repair each of the fractured links found on the Tower Obelisk.
It’s unclear when this will be added to the game.
Torch-Bearer: Complete the Empyrean Restoration effort and light the beacon.
Empyrean Restoration is an event or quest on the seasonal calendar, and it’s scheduled to be released on 4 February. You won’t be able to complete this until then.
Devil’s Ruin: Travel to Twilight Gap and collect the materials required to repair Devil’s Ruin.
The Devil’s Ruin quest is scheduled to open on 7 January.
Bastion: Acquire the Exotic fusion rifle Bastion.
The Bastion quest is scheduled to open on 28 January.
A Chronological List
Here’s what you can do when, if you want to start getting ahead.
- Begin increasing the Resonance Rank of the Tangled Shore and Mars Obelisks.
- Finish the first steps in the Saint-14 Quest, which are available from Osiris.
- Begin work on the Crucible, Vanguard, and Gambit seasonal quests and ritual weapon quests.
- Run Sundial and collect each of the four weapons available. Defeat Niruul. Attempt to do so quickly to receive the time trial Triumph.
- 17 December
- Complete the Saint-14 rescue quest.
- Begin increasing the Resonance Rank of the EDZ and Nessus Obelisks.
- Defeat Ozletc in the Sundial activity.
- Run the Sundial and collect the four remaining weapons now available.
- 24 December
- Run the Sundial and defeat Tazaroc.
- 7 January
- Complete the quest to obtain Devil’s Ruin.
- 28 January
- Complete the quest to obtain Bastion.
- 4 February
- Complete a run of the Sundial at Legend or higher, defeating Inotam.
- Begin the Empyrean Restoration event/quest.
- Perform quest steps necessary to complete/fix the Tower Obelisk.
The earliest possible date to complete the title is likely 4 February, and the Season of Dawn concludes on 9 March. You must complete all necessary Triumphs before the weekly reset on 9 March.